A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

While having a conversation with one of my very best friends, we stumbled upon this question. "Will we ever get to a place where our career and lives can keep up with our every changing minds and dreams?"
               
 I talk with a lot of people my age - coworkers, fellow peers, old friends - and it seems as though our generation is full of big dreamers. Plans of entrepreneurship, desires of travel and wants for higher paying jobs are topics that seem prevalent in twenty-something conversation.
                 
When I was still in high school, I would swear to you that after graduation I would move back to New York and live in the city (I say back because I lived there while my father was in the military. I only lived there for 2 years, but for some reason the state stuck with me). However, after graduating in Kansas City Missouri, I stayed and am still living in the Midwest. But, the dream of moving to New York is still with me. So what is it that makes me stay in the Midwest? I am young and now is the time to do all of the things you want to do. But I don't. I can make a list of reasons why I don't, but deep in my heart I know that there is no real excuse for not living your dreams. 

  
                 
So what is it that stops these dreams from coming true? Is it money? Is it resources? Is it family ties or relationships? Do we even live in a world where these dreams are possibilities?
                 
So, fellow twenty-somethings, I want to know. What is it that you dream of and what is it that stops you from making these dreams come true?

No comments:

Post a Comment